Pre Waterloo Royal Horse Guards Officers Cased Bicorn

  • 2800.00 £
  • Published date: June 11, 2024
    • Waltham Cross, Essex, United Kingdom

Pre Waterloo Royal Horse Guards Officers Cased Bicorn


⭕ An item that has been previously used. See the sellers listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition

Type:Uniform/ Clothing

Service: Cavalry

Clothing Type: Helmets/ Hats

Country/ Organization: Great Britain

Era: 1751-1815


AN OFFICERS COCKED HAT AND PLUME, ROYAL REGIMENT OF HORSE GUARDS, CIRCA 1805-13 of black felted beaver fur, edged with one-inch wide, black lace and bearing a loop formed of gold wire embroidery and gilded discs, together with a gilt, flat regimental button, all upon a black silk cockade, the skull fitted externally with a black cord to tighten it, a narrow crimson and gold cord fitted beside the skull and terminating in a pair of crimson and gold acorns with crimson and gold bullion tassels; lined in glazed black silk, the crown bearing the manufacturers name of Christys London.


The plume of red-over-white swans feathers on whale bone, all contained in a shaped and lined wooden box, lined in original blue gingham fabric within a fitted brown leather carriage case, together with General regulations and Orders for the Army, Adjutant Generals Office, Horse Guards, 12th August 1811, boards (cover and binding missing) the front page inscribed Thos. Parker R.R.H.Gds and general Regulations and Orders, London 1804, paper-covered boards (cover and binding missing) the front page inscribed Thomas Parker Royal Horse Guards 22.8cm; 9in high at front; 26.7cm; 101/2in high at back; 50.8cm; 20in wide


Thomas Parker, served in the regiment 1805-13. Thomas Parker was born in the 1780s, the second son and heir of Thomas Parker of Alkincoats, Lancashire, (1754-1819). He was commissioned cornet in the Royal Horse Guards in 1805, promoted lieutenant in 1806 and purchased his captaincy in 1809, retiring by sale of his commission in 1813; for most of his time with the regiment, it was stationed at Windsor. He married Mary Molyneux in 1824, bought the estate of Browsholme in 1820 and died without issue in 1832. He was a Justice of the Peace for Lancashire and the West Riding of Yorkshire and a Deputy Lieutenant for Lancashire.

Phone number ✆ 07557 250215
Waltham Cross, Essex




Related listings